Associate Analyst, Energy Trading Internship (Summer 2022)
Our Associate Analyst, Energy Trading Internship Program will introduce you to the intricate world of energy trading and its many markets. This is a 12-week summer internship program that can extend into the fall and spring semesters. You will be assigned to a trading desk where you will be responsible for daily activities that support our ongoing trading operations. You will work directly with our traders who will be available to provide you with one-on-one mentorship and guidance.
As an Associate Analyst, you will assist in identifying new investment opportunities within the electricity markets and provide real-time feedback to our group. You will be responsible for finding potential opportunities that other market participants may not be capitalizing on, either by discovering new information or considering existing knowledge from a different perspective.
Our internship program serves as one of our primary channels for finding talent, and has been time-tested to produce champions. If you are successful in the program, you will be extended a full-time offer and a handsome performance-based sign-on bonus for your contributions.
• Build industry and energy market-related fundamental knowledge;
• Observe weather trends and its impacts on electricity load and generation;
• Evaluate generation and transmission outage effects on the electricity grid;
• Identify and analyze past and upcoming market volatility events;
• Provide real-time feedback on breaking news and market updates;
• Collaborate with traders on investment strategies and analysis techniques;
• Assist with the development and maintenance of supply and demand models;
• Translate fundamental research into trading strategies and ideas;
• Provide ad-hoc analysis as directed by the needs of the trade floor.
• Expected or former completion of a Bachelors or Masters, with a preferred degree in: Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or Engineering fields;
• Demonstrated interest in strategic games and/or competitive activities;
• Must be a self-starter, quick learner, well organized, and detail-oriented;
• Exceptional quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills to conduct data-driven analysis;
• Strong knowledge of Excel and the Windows OS is a requirement, SQL is a plus;
• Excellent verbal/written communication and content presentation skills;
• Ability to work effectively with a team while having the confidence to act autonomously;
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment.